April TBR


Hello everyone!! I hope you all are having a great year so far. I for one am drowning in school and LOVING IT. I didn't realize how fun it could be to actually try for once and then have the pleasant surprise of getting 90s in about every test and assignment I do. 

I'm having a great time in school and in 2 weeks my first semester (of 4) will be done and I will be heading out for my first practicum! So exciting!!

Anywho, let's not forget why we're here today. Today I will be talking about my April TBR! This TBR is filled with a lot of books from my procrastination pile so I really hope I stick to this TBR and do read the books that I'm saying I'm going to! Fingers crossed!! 

Let's get into it!



1. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo




After pulling off a seemingly impossible heist in the notorious Ice Court, criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker feels unstoppable. But life is about to take a dangerous turn - and with friends who are among the deadliest outcasts in Ketterdam city, Kaz is going to need more than luck to survive in this unforgiving underworld.
I am so excited to read this book. I've been told so many good things about it, and due to my LOVE of Six of Crows I'm anticipating something amazing from this book. Especially with how it left off in the last book!

2. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

A princess must find her place in a reborn world.
She flees on her wedding day.
She steals ancient documents from the Chancellor's secret collection.
She is pursued by bounty hunters sent by her own father.
She is Princess Lia, seventeen, First Daughter of the House of Morrighan.
The Kingdom of Morrighan is steeped in tradition and the stories of a bygone world, but some traditions Lia can't abide. Like having to marry someone she's never met to secure a political alliance. Fed up and ready for a new life, Lia flees to a distant village on the morning of her wedding. She settles in among the common folk, intrigued when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive—and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other an assassin sent to kill her. Deceptions swirl and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets—secrets that may unravel her world—even as she feels herself falling in love.
This book is something that I've heard a lot about (in terms of people liking it) but I've never seemed SUPER interested in. Recently my boyfriend bought me the first and second book in this trilogy (thanks babe), so I figured I'd see how I like it and if it is indeed something to rave about. 


3. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

Where ash falls from the sky, and mist dominates the night, evil cloaks the land and stifles all life. Criminal mastermind Kelsier teaches Allomancy, the magic of metals, to another Mistborn, urchin Vin 16. The unlikely heroine is distracted by rich Venture heir Elend. Can Kelsier's thieving crew take on the tyrant Lord Ruler and bring back colour to their world?
I have been anticipating reading this for a long while, it's something I know I'm going to love, and honestly, I have HIGH expectations for this book. Maybe that's why I always put off reading it, but not this time! This month is the month I finally start this series, and who knows, maybe finish it.

4. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead

Cora is a slave on a cotton plantation in Georgia. Life is hellish for all the slaves but especially bad for Cora; an outcast even among her fellow Africans, she is coming into womanhood - where even greater pain awaits. When Caesar, a recent arrival from Virginia, tells her about the Underground Railroad, they decide to take a terrifying risk and escape. Matters do not go as planned and, though they manage to find a station and head north, they are being hunted.
This novel is a novel about the underground railroad, but instead of it being centred around the metaphor of the underground railroad, Colson Whitehead created a novel in which it was an actual railroad.

I have had my eye on this novel for a while now and I'm excited to finally pick it up because I know it's going to be an influential as well as heartbreaking/wrenching read.

5. The Diabolic by S. J. Kincaid

Nemesis is a Diabolic. Created to protect a galactic Senator's daughter, Sidonia. There's no one Nemesis wouldn't kill to keep her safe. But when the power-mad Emperor summons Sidonia to the galactic court as a hostage, there is only one way for Nemesis to protect Sidonia.
She must become her.
Now one of the galaxy's most dangerous weapons is masquerading in a world of corruption and Nemesis has to hide her true abilities or risk everything. As the Empire begins to fracture and rebellion looms closer, Nemesis learns that there is something stronger than her deadly force: the one thing she's been told she doesn't have - humanity. And, amidst all the danger, action and intrigue, her humanity might be the only thing that can save her, Sidonia and the entire Empire...
This is just another one of those novels that everyone and their mother talked about for ages when it came out. Me being the person that I am, obviously couldn't read it in a timely manner and kept putting it off. When deciding what books I wanted to read (finally) I saw this on my shelf and thought "yes. yes. yes."

6. The Black Prism by Brent Weeks

Guile is the Prism, the most powerful man in the world. He is high priest and emperor, a man whose power, wit, and charm are all that preserves a tenuous peace. Yet Prisms never last, and Guile knows exactly how long he has left to live.
When Guile discovers he has a son, born in a far kingdom after the war that put him in power, he must decide how much he's willing to pay to protect a secret that could tear his world apart
Last, but definitely not, least. Oh god this book, how do I even explain what happened with this. Although I don't think I have a valid explanation for why I started this novel, got very very interested in it and then decided "Nah" and just stopped reading it.

I'm about 100 pages in, and my best guess for not finishing it is because when I started this book I was in a horrible reading slump and I needed something short and sweet to get me out of it. This book is anything but short, I don't know if it's sweet...

I'm ready to finally get back into this world, cause I did definitely find it interesting when I started it. It was just the wrong time for me.

Guile, I'm coming for you!!

7. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling (EXTRA READ)


Okay so I've had this illustrated edition for QUITE some while now and I still haven't read it. So I have decided to make this my extra read for April.

I don't have a deadline for this read, I kind of just want to enjoy myself and take my time to read this book.

_________________________________________________________________________________

(let's just call April the month of getting to my procrastination pile)

That is the last book in my April TBR pile, thank you so much for making it through this entire post. I know, it must have been hard.

Please leave me a comment down below telling me what's on your April TBR, also if any of you have read any of the books on my TBR pile please let me know what you thought of them and if they were worth it! (no spoilers, or else I will think horrible things about you, and maybe cry...)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top